Author Topic: Hi from a newbie...  (Read 2921 times)

Offline Dax

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Only a matter of time now...
Re: Hi from a newbie...
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 09:30:18 AM »
Wow  :o I've been a member of few internet forums in the past but i have to say, i've never had such a great initial response from existing members before as you guys, many thanks. I do hope to stick around for a while. Its difficult going through the stages when there are few or no people within your 'social circle' that are experiencing the same things as you, as has been in my case! Thats why places like this REALLY help. So thanks to whomever is concerned for this place existing, members included.

Kind of a cool story, and a first for me... was at uni today, and being that i'm a 'mature' student, as in i'm a lot older than 99% of the student population due to starting 6yrs late,  i am surrounded by youngsters who are nowhere near losing their hair. Anyway, was joking about growing a mammoth beard today with a few friends from uni, and one of them actually turned around and said, "you know what would be really cool, to wet shave your head too, that would look awesome"... well, it certainly made my day  :) Every little step is another confidence boost, and a step towards the holy grail of baldness.

Anyways, thanks guys

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 09:49:59 AM »
Welcome Dax.  Up until recently, I thought I was the only one in my social group that was coming to terms with balding.  Turns out, after I became more comfortable with it, and took the plunge, my other friends were more comfortable talking about it with me; some are losing their hair that I had no idea.  So anyway, breaking the ice is fun. :)

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 10:10:46 AM »
Welcome to the Forum DAX!

Dude..... if your hair loss is ruling your daily thoughts..... get rid of it. You'll be surprised at the Freedom that not wrrying about your hair can bring you.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

buuckkweet

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 04:14:34 PM »
Welcome Dax!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2008, 01:10:58 PM »
Welcome to SBG's Dax. It's true, the longer you wait, all you'll be thinking about is doing it.
Once you set yourself free it's amazing. A big relief and a weight lifted.

Give it a shot, and I bet you will be thinking, like RazorX  said; "why didn't I do this sooner?".

Good luck and post a pic when you do decide to get it smooth.    O0

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 09:17:19 AM »
Dax, welcome to SBG!  You'll find this site to be unlike any other forum... we support one another no matter what and have a great time.  While you might be the only one in your social group going through balding right now, the others will be there eventually - there's just no denying that.  I buzzed shorter and shorter then went sly and haven't looked back!  You'll def be asking "why didn't I do this sooner!"  Keep us posted and let us know if you have any questions.