Author Topic: Some people will never accept baldness...  (Read 16579 times)

Offline DJ_Bald

• Super Sly
  • Letting it shine !
Some people will never accept baldness...
« on: August 01, 2008, 06:12:51 PM »
You know before I shaved my head I have heard many rude comments about a a sly fella in my company referring to his bald head...I never saw a problem with it (obviously)  and thought he looked good but some people insist on making fun.  And no this is not a bad guy--hes a great guy.  Now the people making these comments all have full heads of hair but thats where anything atttractive ends. They are all mostly fat and sloppy, not attractive in general, no sense of style and tend to be gossipy little whispering bitches. (mostly men)  Kinda sucks how baldness(something no one can control) can be joked about openly but not something like obesity(everyone can control it if they try). D#tG3t

Shave your head.....free your mind.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
Re: Some people will never accept baldness...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 07:05:33 PM »
It's duplicitous human nature, there's a lot of people out there like that.  It's their life.. and they can't see anything wrong with it. They probably don't do much more than move in their own tiny little circles and sit and watch soaps on tv.
I have the same kind of problem with the Mums at my kids' school. Sometimes they really infuriate me!!
Such little gossip mongers! A few times I've said to them in a sarcastic tone " So who ya bitchin' about today then girls?!" and they just shut up and look at me.. I have to laugh! It pretty much seems to me like they don't have much of a life..that's my conensus anyway. It's all pretty much about having an "ah well" attitude as far as they're concerned.  :)

I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline RodgerDodger

• Super Sly
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 07:26:04 PM »
They probably don't do much more than move in their own tiny little circles and sit and watch soaps on tv.
MB, we get a sampling of your soaps on BBC America.
Do you get any of our soaps?
Juliet Mills, the daughter of one of your finest actors John Mill's was the star of NBC's axed supernatural soap, Passions.

For those that never heard of John or Juliet Mills, you probably know Haley Mills, Juliet's sister. She appeared in dozens of films as a child actress.
Most of you must remember her as Zach and Screech's teacher Miss Bliss, on the first season of "Saved by The Bell". There is no Kelly, Slater, or Jessie in them ..

Principal Belding has put on a few poundssince the show went off the air.
Looks like he's Principal Balding and is in desperate need of a headshave.

Offline Kojack

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 07:27:59 PM »
They are all mostly fat and sloppy, not attractive in general, no sense of style and tend to be gossipy little whispering bitches.

Their overall looks aren't the only thing that makes them ugly. You raise some good points. Maybe, they don't have anything else in their life worth discussing I guess. Pretty sad.
Remember to never take my advice seriously (unless I'm being serious) and you'll do alright.

buuckkweet

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 07:46:40 PM »
I hear ya loud and clear DJ. 

Most of my coworkers are very supportive of my decision to be Sly.  There are a couple "men" who make rude comments about me behind my back.  When I confront these "men" concerning my appearance, they automatically go into "suck up" mode.  I really hate suck ups!!! >:(  I have informed both of them to feel free to ask questions, make comments, constructive, or otherwise to me.  My shoulders are pretty big! O0 

All I can figure is they don't have enough guts to voice their opinion to my face the way a real man would.  Besides all that good stuff, if I'm the topic of conversation, someone else doesn't have to be under their so called judgment. ;D 

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 07:52:56 PM »
They probably don't do much more than move in their own tiny little circles and sit and watch soaps on tv.
MB, we get a sampling of your soaps on BBC America.
Do you get any of our soaps?
Juliet Mills, the daughter of one of your finest actors John Mill's was the star of NBC's axed supernatural soap, Passions.

For those that never heard of John or Juliet Mills, you probably know Haley Mills, Juliet's sister. She appeared in dozens of films as a child actress.
Most of you must remember her as Zach and Screech's teacher Miss Bliss, on the first season of "Saved by The Bell". There is no Kelly, Slater, or Jessie in them ..

Principal Belding has put on a few poundssince the show went off the air.
Looks like he's Principal Balding and is in desperate need of a headshave.

As far as I know we only get american soaps on cable/satellite, (luckily!!) although I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

loved Saved by the Bell.  :@`
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 07:55:28 PM »

Now the people making these comments all have full heads of hair but thats where anything atttractive ends. They are all mostly fat and sloppy, not attractive in general, no sense of style and tend to be gossipy little whispering bitches. (mostly men)  Kinda sucks how baldness(something no one can control) can be joked about openly but not something like obesity(everyone can control it if they try). D#tG3t

I've often marveled at how many people's criteria for attractiveness is hair and hair alone.  They can be an absolute fucking mess in every other respect but if they have hair, they're happy.   My parents have a neighbor who won't eat anything but fast food.  He's morbidly obese, and at age 50+ he's a heart attack waiting to happen.  In fact, he's already had a few health scares.  But he repeatedly says he doesn't care how fat he gets as long as he doesn't go bald.  :/O  I just don't understand that.  Give me a bald head and a healthy body any day.

buuckkweet

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 08:00:14 PM »
 Give me a bald head and a healthy body any day.
[/quote]Very WELL said Razor!!!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 08:02:31 PM »

I've often marveled at how many people's criteria for attractiveness is hair and hair alone.  They can be an absolute f**king mess in every other respect but if they have hair, they're happy.   My parents have a neighbor who won't eat anything but fast food.  He's morbidly obese, and at age 50+ he's a heart attack waiting to happen.  In fact, he's already had a few health scares.  But he repeatedly says he doesn't care how fat he gets as long as he doesn't go bald.  :/O  I just don't understand that.  Give me a bald head and a healthy body any day.

PREACH ON, BROTHER RAZOR !!!!
 B*)

By the way, I had fallen behind in my training but during my"lunch" break, I ran 6.5 miles at 8:30 pace with a 2% incline.  O0 Back in the game....and by the way,
 I'M BALD!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 08:18:11 PM »

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 08:22:56 PM »

By the way, I had fallen behind in my training but during my"lunch" break, I ran 6.5 miles at 8:30 pace with a 2% incline.  O0 Back in the game....and by the way,
 I'M BALD!

Way to go!!   O0

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 07:38:23 AM »
I also slacked off in my training, and got to get back at it.  The doctor said yesterday, get some pounds back off.  They want me below what my picture shows of 195 lbs, so it is back on a very strict diet of fish, skinless chicken, fruit and vegies with no deserts and plenty of excercise with my ab lounge.  I had bounce up and gained 20, which is having an effect on me to some extent.

So it starts today.

Sorry for getting off topic there......... and back to topic

I have found that overly obese people tend to comment about the looks of another on what they don't like about that person, because they are of less weight.  The same thing with poeple who have hair vs the ones that don't or are SLY by Choice.  Most of these people lack confindence in their own life and just can't get on with leaving others along that do.  They lack something in their own lives, so they make a habit of downgrading others which makes them feel good about themselves.

Offline dog20

• Super Sly
  • Hello
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 08:15:55 AM »
Some people are just jealous of our good looks.

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 08:57:24 AM »
Some people are just jealous of our good looks.

off topic again for a sec.... WHO is that in your pic dog?!

Offline Bolohead

• Bolohead
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • At 56 and still feeling GREAT!
    • Jon Erdmann - Photographer
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 09:08:47 AM »

off topic again for a sec.... WHO is that in your pic dog?!

That guy just saw a band of SBG entering the room  :*))

Enter your email address: