Author Topic: Personal Introduction  (Read 461 times)

Offline jason_greets

• Sly Jr.
Personal Introduction
« on: June 19, 2024, 04:56:52 PM »
Hello!

First of all I'm not truly bald, but I only bald by choice.  I only started shaving my head last July after going through a very hot summer in Texas and really wanted a new look.  Not to mention the cost of living was increasing so I had to find ways to cut on expenses. Monthly trips to the barber were an easy to cut down. Plus I was getting tired of styling my hair or wearing baseball caps.

Initially I was only going to try it out for a week, but then I liked it so much that I've been shaving it ever since.

I think many bald guys look cooler than those who are balding.

Bald by Choice since July 2023!  Having hair is overrated.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: Personal Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2024, 02:07:11 PM »
Welcome! Congratulations on trying out the sly look.  What reaction did you get from your friends, family and coworkers? It's usually the concern about reactions that keeps guys from trying the bald look.

Offline jason_greets

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2024, 06:54:46 PM »
Welcome! Congratulations on trying out the sly look.  What reaction did you get from your friends, family and coworkers? It's usually the concern about reactions that keeps guys from trying the bald look.

Not really a lot of reactions. Mostly a bit of surprise from a few people. The closest thing to anything remotely negative was from one of my housemates who teased me a bit the first week. One of my supervisors and my sister were just a bit surprised that I made such a move because they didn't see me as someone who would suddenly shave his head bald.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 06:00:34 AM by jason_greets »

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2024, 03:18:13 PM »
That's good.  Surprise is the most common reaction, especially if you had a full head of hair.  Most people can't grasp why a guy would opt to be bald when it isn't a function of MPB. 

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2024, 08:34:36 PM »
The bald head looks good on you.  Welcome to SBG.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2024, 05:40:53 AM »
Everyone is a little self conscious when you first shave. The first week or two people will comment, after that, nobody really cares. It took me a long time to get used to seeing myself bald when I looked in a mirror. Now, when I grow my hair back for a few weeks, I get comments because they forgot I have hair!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2024, 10:44:24 AM »
Hello!

First of all I'm not truly bald, but I only bald by choice.  I only started shaving my head last July after going through a very hot summer in Texas and really wanted a new look.  Not to mention the cost of living was increasing so I had to find ways to cut on expenses. Monthly trips to the barber were an easy to cut down. Plus I was getting tired of styling my hair or wearing baseball caps.

Initially I was only going to try it out for a week, but then I liked it so much that I've been shaving it ever since.

I think many bald guys look cooler than those who are balding.

Congratulations in my humble opinion you look much more mature and sophisticated with the shaved head. I don?t think your former hairstyle was doing anything for you.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2024, 01:52:24 PM »
The sly bald head with the beard is a better look on you, IMO.  Have you tried a full beard vs. the chin strap for comparison?
SlyBeard

Offline jason_greets

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2024, 05:39:23 AM »
The sly bald head with the beard is a better look on you, IMO.  Have you tried a full beard vs. the chin strap for comparison?

I've tried growing out a beard, but I don't like how mine looks. I wish it covered more of my cheeks.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2024, 11:35:17 AM »

I've tried growing out a beard, but I don't like how mine looks. I wish it covered more of my cheeks.

I see what you mean about it not growing on the cheeks. It?s just sort of. Looks like a very heavy chinstrap..

But do you know what might look really cool??  Have you thought about shaving off everything except the lower lip beard?  That would make a real statement with a shaved head.!

Enter your email address: