Author Topic: Living in a place where nearly everyone against bald head.  (Read 3605 times)

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
Living in a place where nearly everyone against bald head.
« on: December 28, 2014, 07:49:54 PM »
Hi there, I'm not really new here but this maybe my first serious topic I made.

I'm living in Vietnam as you can see the country I set. I'm a 22 years old student of an university in Vietnam and still living with my parents now. I like to be bald naturally (to have a reason to shave my head all bald only) but it won't happen since no one in my family got it, maybe it's about DNA. You can see me in picture with bald head, that's the second time I shaved mine in last September, the first time about 6 years ago when I was in high school.

When I shaved my head my family, especially my mom, were against my decision. My friends some agree with her some not (and those guys made me happy). One of my teacher in university saw me with bald head and made it a fun story as he using a sparrow as his desktop wallpaper of his computer, and he count me as an "eagle". "Eagle" here point out guys that in a gangs with bad things so I'm not really happy about that, just smile back him because he was my teacher. I'm now having buzz cut 4/16" but really want to go bald again. I love the feeling of touching my head without hair.

About head shape, some of my friends told me that it's not good and not suit me. What do you think and what I should do now to change my family's prejudice?

I'm not confident with my English so if I wrote it bad please forgive me. Thank you guys.

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
Re: Living in a place where nearly everyone against bald head.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 08:18:28 PM »
I think you look good. There's nothing bad or wrong with your head shape. Your English is good, too!
Hair is over rated.

Offline rss114

• Sly
  • Finally Sly
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 09:46:47 PM »
I would not worry about anyones opinions but your own kept your head shaved if that's what you like. Unless it's going to cause you physical harm to have your head shaved its a personal choice and I think it suites you 

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 10:21:47 PM »
I went on holiday to Viet Nam two years ago.  I saw several Vietnamese men with shaved heads!  I had my head shaved by several street-side barbers while I was on that trip and they were very good an very fast - so they must have many clients who shave their heads or they wouldn't know how to do it so well and so fast.

Since you still live at home with your parents and if they forbid you to do this then I think that you should honor their wishes.  Do they actually forbid your to shave your head or to the merely say that they just prefer you with some hair?

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 10:37:31 PM »
First of all, your English is good.  To keep it simple, if you truly love your shaved head, I say wear it with pride.  O0   

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 02:05:57 PM »
If that's what you really want to do and it's what makes you happy, then do it!  Others will come around once they see and realize that this is who you are and this is what you want.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 06:25:43 PM »
Thanks for your advises. I don't really care what people saying but my mom. Actually if she angry at my bald head, it's ok then but she cried because she think (yeah, she think) no one here like me that like bald head. She don't know how to ride motorbike so she can't go around and she what people doing. She only stay at home and effected by many bad ideas such as my dog was crazy and gonna bite us because they said dog afraid to bath was crazy, of course he wasn't. She used to think me addicted with drug because they see me at coffee shop with some tattooed guys (tattoo here also the bad, I think).

You're right BBBA, I asked barber if there're many people here shaved there head and he said: "yes, a lots". Most of them not around my age, they mostly in 30s and living in districts in centre of city, I'm living in suburban, just about 20km from the central but many differences.

Offline TheHeadShaver

• Sly Guy in Training
    • The HeadShavers Club
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 07:28:08 PM »
Marty, tiếng Anh tuyệt vời. Tôi chỉ muốn nói, có vẻ như bạn đang rất tự tin. Đó là một phần quan trọng nhất. Nếu mẹ bạn đã khóc vì cô cảm thấy rằng không ai thích bạn vì cái đầu hói của mình; đề nghị của tôi sẽ ngồi xuống và giải thích rằng bạn không quan tâm người khác nghĩ gì và bạn đang hạnh phúc. Nếu nó là rất quan trọng cho cô ấy thấy bạn với bạn bè của những người chấp nhận cạo trọc đầu của mình, tôi cũng sẽ đề nghị giới thiệu cô với một số bạn bè của bạn thích hói đầu của bạn. Bằng cách đó, cô có thể thấy rằng có những người DO như nó và người DO như bạn có một cái đầu hói.
The HeadShavers Club
Head Shaving products delivered monthly
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Head-Shavers-Club/307442616110881
Twitter: https://twitter.com/HeadShaversClub
"Because real men comb with a razor."

Offline Hieu Tran

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2015, 03:56:46 AM »
Thank you guys,

I made my decision that I told my mom I will decide what to do with my hair. She cried as always and didn't understand, I think she won't understand somehow. I will go sly after graduated university so I have to keep my buzz cut for 1 more year but I can shave my head when I have vacations that will last long enough like summer vacation or lunar new year. So I gonna shave mine next month. Well, I have to try my best in university then, just 1 or 2 more courses and 1 English certifications with TOEIC that over 650 point. I'm not really sure that I can pass them all but I will try.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2015, 05:10:23 AM »
Good luck in school! If you think you need to wait until after graduation, then do that, but please don't let something like a hairstyle distract you from your studies.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline BaldTonyUK

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Never hide behind hair
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 02:06:24 AM »
Good luck with your university and good luck when you shave your head. Mothers are the same all over the world and I had similar problems to you. We had a long talk and now she totally accepts it - but it took a long time. When she sees you bald AND happy she will feel better about it. My best wishes to you.
Bald-by-choice since 2009.....