Author Topic: My First Post  (Read 4271 times)

Offline nosvx136

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: My First Post
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 06:04:42 PM »
If you are balding your hair will look better shorter. Just cut it shorter, then buzz it down grade by grade over a period of time to allow you and others the chance to get used to it.

Powerful Truth. I haven't gone sly, but I am doing the no-guard buzz and it's so much better. My situation's recession (which isn't so horrific yet) and diffuse thinning (which is), and while the thinning's not so apparent when there's length happening, if the wind hits it wrong or you sit under the wrong light, it looks like crap. Basically, I was thinking about it all the time, even if maybe mostly looked okay.

But buzzed, yeah, you're basically bald. But what hair there is looks so much better and you don't have to concern yourself with how it looks from angle because it looks the same from every angle. In my case, the thinning on top isn't particularly apparent this short whereas with even a week or so's extra growth there's an obvious horseshoe deal happening.

I'm not sure when or if I'll go full sly (more likely the more top goes), but even just the buzzcut is a tremendous load off. It's not even so much about any kind of confidence boost, though you may totally get one, it's about how you don't have to bother thinking about how your hair looks anymore, which in my case was so much that not having to think or worry about it was a surprising relief.

Offline StuartG2198

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 04:03:57 PM »
Well tonight I bit the bullet and got out the razor, I've gone buzz cut rather than shave it all. The first step has been taken

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 04:05:44 PM »
Glad to hear it Stuart you will be sly in no time if you already buzzed it make sure to post a pic when you get the deed done O0

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 05:44:11 AM »
Well tonight I bit the bullet and got out the razor, I've gone buzz cut rather than shave it all. The first step has been taken

Stuart ... nice "factual" post.

But how do you feel about it? Any surprises? Any reactions?
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline stasiu

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • All dressed up & no hair to go !
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 07:41:26 AM »
Glad to hear it Stuart you will be sly in no time if you already buzzed it make sure to post a pic when you get the deed done O0

You have a great support team here no matter.  Don't worry about the other comments from family/friends.  Do what has to be done on your terms.   Good Luck !