Author Topic: Skype  (Read 6747 times)

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
Re: Skype
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 01:10:05 AM »
Microsoft will retire soon Windows Messenger in favor of Skype. The latest version of skype also allows logging in using hotmail/windows live credentials.
And yes, calls (audio and/or video) with Skype are good quality, even if there are more people on the same call.

How is this for call of the week. I just checked my hotmail email, and 3 days go, I received an email saying to get skype because they are discontinuing messenger! If only hotmail had timestamps...

Offline Petunia

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 06:14:27 AM »
I never used Hotmail that I know of.  They had a chatline?  We used to use Yahoo and something else but I can't remember the name for it.  Maybe it was ran by Hotmail.  What was it called?  Anyway, I still use Yahoo ever once in awhile!  (only 52 days left untill we set our clocks forward and 62 days untill Spring).  Does it snow where you are at Beardman?
"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together...Keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever".    Winnie the Pooh

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2013, 10:35:09 PM »
I never used Hotmail that I know of.  They had a chatline?  We used to use Yahoo and something else but I can't remember the name for it.  Maybe it was ran by Hotmail.  What was it called?  Anyway, I still use Yahoo ever once in awhile!  (only 52 days left untill we set our clocks forward and 62 days untill Spring).  Does it snow where you are at Beardman?

Hotmail used to have a messenger, then Microsoft bought hotmail and called it MSN Messenger, then Windows started coming standard with windows messenger, now I guess seeing messenger has been made redundant skype will start coming standard on Windows.

We only get snow in a few places in Australia, where I live is not one of them.
The only safe place to find snow is at about 500ft+ I think, on the tops of some mountains in the great dividing range (the mountain range that runs north-south along the Eastern side of Australia. In terms of actual ski resorts, I think we only have 3 or 4. Well they are the popular ones that come to mind. They are all about 5+ hours away from where I live.

Enter your email address: