Author Topic: Well.... I think it might just be that time  (Read 5785 times)

Offline Franco

• Learning the way of Sly
Well.... I think it might just be that time
« on: July 13, 2010, 05:58:59 PM »
I'm currently 20 years old and have been noticing my balding since age 17. My dad rocks the coldasack look but it just really isn't for me. I kind of knew balding might be in my future but before i noticed it I always had a great thick head of hair.

Anyway, I am looking for some of your guys opinions on whether i should go bald or not. I am losing it in the front and back and have combed my hair forward and for a while it had helped. In August i'm transfering from community college to UCSB and am wondering if I should just show up with the sly look.

Here are some pictures.

This one is just me with it combed forward, it is not looking at its best but it gives you an idea.

Now here are some in the front and back when my hair is combed back to show how bald i really am.

front

Back combed forward and not

Some side angles kind of

I have been going back and forth whether to shave it or not. My friends don't really say too much but they all know and they are all waiting for me to shave it. I think for their own entertainment haha but I don't really care. I am hopeing i will look decent bald, but it is a really tough decision for me. I figure i'll be swimming a lot down there and such so im thinking it just might be the way to go.

After reading a lot on these boards today it seems like no one regrets going bald. So im thinking tomarrow might be the day. What do you guys say?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 06:01:41 PM by Franco »

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Well.... I think it might just be that time
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 06:07:06 PM »
Do it!  I wish I did in college.  You'll love rocking the sly look in IV and on State st.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 06:29:44 PM »
New school, new start, new look.  And you won't be the dude that's "Going Bald."  Get in front, get in control.

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 06:43:12 PM »
Do it, you'll like it
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 07:05:37 PM »
Definitely do it.  I can tell you from experience that college girls and any girl for that matter have no problem with the completely shaved look... Doo ittt you're going to like it

Offline Franco

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 07:08:02 PM »
u guys think i could pull it off? One thing im glad i have is the facial hair to help
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:23:44 PM by Franco »

marty22

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 08:28:49 PM »
I will be the opposition. Cut it shorter and shorter and see where it goes. DOnt shave it all at once. You still have quite a bit of hair but at age 20, I can see the other side.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 08:50:29 PM »
Today would be a great day to be liberated!   ;)

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline johnnyo

• Sly
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 09:06:19 PM »
Welcome, I think you would look great, you're already a good looking guy with a good shaped head. Noone at your new school will know any difference if you had hair or not before you came there. You might try buzzing it first then shaving won't be that far away. I know it will be your decision, but, it sounds like you're heading in the right direction.  O0

Offline Craig Reed

• Sly Jr.
    • A Lit Journey: Motivation From Within
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2010, 10:31:42 PM »
Franco,

Go for it! I sort of agree that you should take some trimmers, take the attachment off, and just go for that look there. You will have more of a buzzed look, and will be able to see what you will look like completely bald. I went bald very early too (19, now 26) and have been shaving my head since 20.

I started by getting a good pair of clippers, they actuall have "Balding Clippers" a good pair by WAHL that you can google them probably. Sort of expensive at like 60 bucks, but hey thats only a few hair cuts. Thats how I got used to it, but looking back on it now, I should of just went for it right off the back, I got there eventually, and it was very quick from trimming everyday, to shaving clean, letting it grow back for a day or two, to finally shaving every single morning, and feeling very weird if I don't!

Just go for it, you'll look great, and the ladies LOVE it! Some won't, but there are so many fish in the sea, and you can't continue to worry about what other's are going to think. Screw them. Focus on your own self confidence and freedom!
Check out my blog on balding and weight loss
www.alitjourney.wordpress.com
www.coachcraigreed.com

Offline Sans Pelo

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 11:00:58 PM »
I shaved the domepiece at the start of my junior year at UCSB. One of the best decisions I've ever made. The feeling of the IV sun beating down on the sly dome cant be beat

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 03:28:39 AM »
I went to college away from family and shaved it off completely. 
I'm so glad I did.  It's the best opportunity you can get. No one knows you were
not bald before so they will not question you.  Then you can come back see your friends
and family with confidence.  Best of luck to you.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 04:55:27 AM »
Welcome to the Forum!!!! And it may be time to welcome yourself to the Shaved Head Society....... you're definetly well on your way so why put off the inevitable.

On with it my Friend!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010, 09:21:45 AM »
Welcome to the forum Franko.  I hate to say it, but the handwriting is on the wall (head).  Of course the decision is up to you.  You can continue to fret over hair loss, or you can nip the problem in the bud.  Be free and proud!
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010, 09:23:12 AM »
i would do it. if you don't like it, you have enough hair still to let it grow back. it's a win-win, really.

recommend shaving it down to a number one first, once you see how that looks, you can decide how much shorter to go.
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008