Author Topic: I need advice for my son  (Read 6097 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: I need advice for my son
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 05:54:45 AM »
You see, this is exactly why I love this site ! O0 Kudos to you Tyler, this site isn't just a place for us bald guys to get together and chat about our chrome domes, it's a place that offers real advise from real people, of different ages and backgrounds, some who just didn't want to fight mother nature, and have gained alot of self worth and confidence in themselves as a result, and some who are bald by choice who also gained alot of confidence in them selves.
We can offer our opinions and our support to total strangers, and give tips and unsolicited product reviews on what we as individuals believe is the best product.
Also to help people such as yourself browny who doesn't want to see her son go through self esteam problems because of social preassures to " Fit In ". We all wish you luck for your son to choose his own path, whatever it may be, but please know that we are all here to help and offer support and advice. As for my advise I think that he will come to recognise all the great actors, musicians, and athletes that sport the Sly look and are very acomplished in their fields, and that being bald isn't a downfall but rather it's a confidence booster, showing everyone that you have nothing to hide, and like all successful people, confidence will take you further in life weather or not you have hair.
I hope that made sence, sometimes the thoughts come into my head faster than I can type.

Great job Canadian, very, very, well said. O0 O0
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 01:52:45 PM »
You see, this is exactly why I love this site ! O0 Kudos to you Tyler, this site isn't just a place for us bald guys to get together and chat about our chrome domes, it's a place that offers real advise from real people, of different ages and backgrounds, some who just didn't want to fight mother nature, and have gained alot of self worth and confidence in themselves as a result, and some who are bald by choice who also gained alot of confidence in them selves.
We can offer our opinions and our support to total strangers, and give tips and unsolicited product reviews on what we as individuals believe is the best product.
Also to help people such as yourself browny who doesn't want to see her son go through self esteam problems because of social preassures to " Fit In ". We all wish you luck for your son to choose his own path, whatever it may be, but please know that we are all here to help and offer support and advice. As for my advise I think that he will come to recognise all the great actors, musicians, and athletes that sport the Sly look and are very acomplished in their fields, and that being bald isn't a downfall but rather it's a confidence booster, showing everyone that you have nothing to hide, and like all successful people, confidence will take you further in life weather or not you have hair.
I hope that made sence, sometimes the thoughts come into my head faster than I can type.
h3ry3 Preach my Canadian Brother!  Amen!
Peace

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 11:39:08 PM »
Welcome, browny! Any advice I was going to mention has been said already.... Has your son looked at this site yet?

jusbnme

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 05:13:10 AM »
Hey browny, I was wondering how the advice and guidance was going with your son?  I was checking to see if you had any luck on getting him to log into this forum? 

Offline browny

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 03:05:48 PM »
I told him about you guys and have showed him what has been said.  He isn't ready to talk but he reads the comments.  He just isn't ready emotionally to have the confidence to act.  Maybe still in denial.  I really hope he can get through school OK.  I had offered he leave school and go to a college we have here in Australia where I thought he might like to be in a different environment but so far he has chosen to stay at regular school.  Its his call. 

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 03:14:20 PM »
That's good that you're not pushing him browny. He'll act on his own terms.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 03:22:25 PM »
Sounds like you are doing everything right to help you son browny.  As a high school teacher here in the States I was wondering what sports your son might be involved in.  Here athletes, especially swimmers may shave their heads as part of the team concept and comaraderie.  Perhaps that is an avenue as well.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

jusbnme

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 06:23:49 PM »
Like the others have said, you are doing everything you can to help.  Keep it up but don't push too hard.  Good Luck.   O0

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 06:24:56 PM »
Wrestling as well... You need to rock that Mean Look, Intimidation is one advantage every Wrestler is welcome to have going his way  O0
Peace

Enter your email address: