Author Topic: new arrivals  (Read 4364 times)

Offline WheresYourHairAt?

• Learning the way of Sly
new arrivals
« on: March 25, 2009, 11:07:05 PM »
Hello to all Sly Guys :)
My name's Micheal, i live in Poland, i'm 23 and i work as a graphic designer/animator.

Through most of my life i wear 1-2 cm cut but 2 years ago i noticed that my hair is thinning (it started at the top of my head). Nothing serious really back then but i started to grow some more hair to cover the baldy spot.
I felt ok with the new style to the moment i got back to 1 cm again (last year holidays). I looked at the mirror and thought "sh*t, where's my hair?!". Throughout the highschool people were telling my that i have so great hair and so much of it that i won't have any problems in the future but things got different.
I looked for some help on the web and found the SBG forums. You guys seemed so confident and supportive i thought what the heck... but didn't try it then. My hair grew back and I bit of forgot about the "problem".

The real crysis for me started 3 months ago. Everyday after washing my head, my hands were covered with hair (i'm proly exagurating right know but it never happend before). I tried to wear new hair styles to cover things up but it didnt help me a bit. Plus my friends and family noticed my loss (no support from them on this one  :-\ ).

Yeasterday morning i got back to this forum, read few topics and after an hour in the bathroom i was bald :)
The shave wasn't good, very "shadowy" and i cut myself minorly around the ears but i felt really good anyway.
Now i'm waiting for the reactions on my new look. Ones i got yeasterday were mainly disencouraging. Grandma told me i look like straight from jail and few friends said i'm scary. At least my closest friend (a girl) said it looks good and it suits me :)

I'm willing to take the 30 day sly challenge but first i have to get rid of the big red pimple i have on the right side. I have a date on the weekend and dont want to scare the girl off ;)

Big thanks to all Sly Guys - You've got a great community here. Long live the Sly.

... and my pic:

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: new arrivals
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 11:43:23 PM »
DUDE, it's a great look on you.
You've obviously done your homework....you know about the 30 day challenge.

Good luck on your date this weekend. Just be yourself and you'll rock!

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 04:09:13 AM »
Welcome to SBG Michael.  Sly suits you!

SimplyRed
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 04:14:39 AM »
Dzien dobry Micheal.   Great to have you with us.   Remember, it's how you feel about being sly that is important.  You wear the sly look well.  Go out and confidently enjoy the new you.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 05:24:45 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Michael! You look great SLY! Congrats on taking the 30 day challenge and good luck on that dtae!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 05:28:18 AM »
Welcome bro O0
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Sean25

• Super Sly
  • 2010 sly fantasy football champ!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 06:48:18 AM »
Looking good my man

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 07:26:59 AM »
Welcome to the Forum Michael! You look great SLY! Congrats on taking the 30 day challenge and good luck on that dtae!

What I want to know is what a DTAE is......jezzzz lol

Looks good Michael, I do not think you are going to have any problems.  I can see ya now, out walking the streets with about 3-4 girls hanging off of your shoulders.  Go get em tiger!

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 09:24:42 AM »
Michael,

Welcome to the world of the bald.  We are a proud group of brothers.

Enjoy the world that is opening up for you:  the great feel of a freshly shaved dome, the rush of air against the skin, the attention of all the women who just love bald guys.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 10:59:57 AM »
Looks real good on you! I'm usually slick bald like yourself...have been for 15 years....it's a good way to live your life!

Nice to meet another designer too...I also animated a bit! O0

Offline Papa Don

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 12:13:56 PM »
So glad you could join us Michael.  Welcome
I am no better that anyone else, but by God, no one is better than I am

Offline BaldMark

• Sly
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 12:54:19 PM »
Welcome Michael! Glad you found SBG.  The dome looks great.

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 05:04:21 PM »
Welcome, Michael.  Excellent look you have going on there!   O0 

Don't sweat the negative comments from family.  You're doing this for YOU!  Hang in there and give it the 30 day run as you already know.   

Good luck!
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline OzPete

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 08:28:53 PM »
Welcome to SBG!

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 01:12:04 AM »
At least my closest friend (a girl) said it looks good and it suits me :)

Well there you go; that's all you need to know about your choice.  The girl likes it.  O0  Anyone who doesn't like it will just have to deal with it.  The shaved head looks good on you.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/