Author Topic: Into the mind of someone who doesn't like the way he looks  (Read 4725 times)

Offline Mr. Wilson

• Sly
Re: Into the mind of someone who doesn't like the way he looks
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 09:26:49 AM »
I went ahead and buzzed my head, not too short though.  Its about at a #2-3 now and the hair is long enough to show some color (I got brown hair).  With my goatee, the thinning on top isn't very noticeable.  I would like to go another number lower, but I'm going to go for the subtle approach with the family.  Hopefully they will make a comment about my hair and then I will just tell them, "The only reason I have my hair as long as it is is to please you all.  Even if that means I am unhappy about how I look."  Maybe then they will stop bugging me...

I will keep you all updated.

Offline DuffRyder17

• Super Sly
  • Waning days of College Life
Re: Into the mind of someone who doesn't like the way he looks
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 11:01:08 AM »
I don't know who you are, I don't know what you look like( get a real pic up), but I do know how you feel, I guess I was lucky my family has had my back on the going sly)

Chapter 1 thoughts: yea  I look at other guys my age(just turned 22) and sometimes I think damn  so many of them haven't lost a hair! but ought to know that those kind of thoughts don't exist once accept yourself for who you are.

Chapter 2: I used to be a mirror addict. let me give some advice... the mirror doesn't tell the truth... the mirror doesn't capture your confidence and presence, and those are things you can have if you just work on them.
ps- I do wear make-up on my face on some occasions, but you have to come to terms with your "naked self" before you are comfortable around other ppl. otherwise you will always be worried: "can they tell" "does it look that bad". much like someone wearing a wig... don't hide from yourself.

Chapter 3: Tell your family the truth... that you have thinning hair, and you think your head looks better shaved, and you feel better about yourself with a shaved head... if they care about you that should be the end of story.

chapter 4.. you are going to live a fulfilling life no different than if you had hair.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, That's why it's called the present!