Author Topic: Eek! I'm a mouse!!!  (Read 3239 times)

Offline calbito

• Sly Jr.
Eek! I'm a mouse!!!
« on: November 02, 2008, 01:07:58 AM »
Hi guys:

Sorry it took so long for me to get back.  I said I would post pics of my shaved head and here they are (I hope).

As you can see I look like one of those hairless mice they breed for lab experiments.  :Xo!  I'm surprised nobody offered me any cheese at Church that Sunday. ;D   Also you can't see it in these pics but my skin is dull and kind of lumpy with a lot of fine wrinkles (will upload a pic showing this later).  I must say though that my head shape is a lot better than I thought it would be but the skin is awful!!!  Is there anything I can do to make the skin look better or is this just the result of being 52 years old?

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
Re: Eek! I'm a mouse!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 03:59:07 AM »
Hey bro, I think you look good and don't understand your comment about looking like a mouse.
Your probably just being a jokster because you just did the deed and your not use to it yet.

It takes awhile for your skin and noggin to get use to the razor so you may have a little irritation from shaving and that would explain the bumps.

What is your shaving routine?

Do you use anything on your noggin after shaving? Witch Hazel, any kind of after shave balms etc?

Maybe explain your routine and some of the bros can give you better advice.....anyway....looking good and congrats..... O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 06:58:33 AM »
Looks good to me...... not sure why the self deprecating remarks.

Remember... it is a change and it will take a little time to get used to the new look.

ROCK THE SLYNESS WITH CONFIDENCE MY FRIEND!!!
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 07:30:34 AM »
Hey Bro....let me just add a PS to my post if I may....

Most sly guys do look a little better with a glasses with smaller lenses....maybe next time you go for glasses look for a smaller frame/lense and see how it looks....I know the smalller glasses helped me somewhat......just a thought..... O0

Offline calbito

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 08:14:32 AM »
Thanks for the comments guys.  Here are 2 more pictures which show the skin problem a little better.

You can see here the skin is kind of wrinkled and lumpy and  dull looking.  The one big lump near the crown is some kind of scar.  I've had it for over 15 years and it hasn't changed but I do keep an eye on it.  I guess it's the dullness and wrinkles and pink color (here aggravated by the jacket reflecting on my head) that reminds me of a shaved mouse.  Actually all I did was just cut it with a no-guard clipper and then shave it with my electric razor until it felt smooth.  No kind of lotion or anything.  I was so freaked out about how bad it looked that I got physically ill and started growing it out right away.  So I haven't shaved it since this one time.  What I have been doing is taking several pictures of myself at a nearby park every day so I can watch it grow out.  The idea is that then I can look at the pictures when I am in a less emotional state and decide objectively what looks best.  I've been doing this for 2 weeks now and the results are interesting to say the least.  Post is getting long so will say more later.  Thanks and if you have any suggestions about improving the skin please let me know. :)

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 09:56:17 AM »
Looks to me from the pictures that you might have a dry scalp?

I think any kind of moisturizing after shave balm would probably help a great deal....some guys use Bald Guyz.....I know a few of us use Nivea...

It's really difficult to tell by just looking at the pics but it looks like your noggin could definatley use some type of moisturizer....am sure you'll get some more opinions.....anyway.....good luck.... O0

Will

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 11:29:25 AM »
Yeah bro, your dome actually looks fine.  I don't know what you're worried about.  I mean, yeah you probably could use a little moisturizer but other than that it looks like any other shaved head.  It is a little on the pale side but that's just from a new shave.  A few days in the sun it will catch up with the rest of your skin.   O0

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 11:59:52 AM »
Cal, your dome doesnt look wrinkly to me.  Looks fine.

maybe next time you go for glasses look for a smaller frame/lense and see how it looks....I know the smalller glasses helped me somewhat......just a thought.....

I agree with Brk on this one.  I think you would like the way you look with some smaller lenses.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 12:21:50 PM »
Cal, your dome doesnt look wrinkly to me.  Looks fine.

maybe next time you go for glasses look for a smaller frame/lense and see how it looks....I know the smalller glasses helped me somewhat......just a thought.....

I agree with Brk on this one.  I think you would like the way you look with some smaller lenses.

Agreed...and also think this way...

now you're one of the good lookin' bunch! ;)

Offline Alexander215

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 07:27:48 PM »
Looks fine to be bro, if your worried about it being lumpy and weird looking I guess you could try one of those chick creams that "tighten" the skin or whatever

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 02:31:35 PM »
Hey, Calbito,

Welcome to SBG.  I think it looks pretty good. 

I am also one of the "mature" members here, and I know what you mean about the creases in the back, but most people who see you won't even notice it. 

I used to have trouble getting into the folds, and shaving often left a stubble in the creased areas.  I found that going over them sideways (along the length of the fold) helps get a smoother shave in those areas. 

Also give it a few days to get some color into your skin, and you will be lookin' good 'n' sly...

Offline calbito

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 09:07:25 PM »
Hey, thanks for the responses, guys!  Sorry  I didn't get back here sooner, but things have been a bit crazy,

@brkeatr, yes, those glasses are vintage 1991, and they suck.  I have a prescription for some new ones (bi-focals no less  :XX), and I have been looking at frames.  Thanks for the advice about going smaller.

Well, after the passage of some time, I look at the photos now and realize I really don't look that bad,  I found the color balance on my camera is a bit off, and that is what is making my skin look so pale. Also I found that my  back yard  has better lighting (and is a lot closer, too).

I blew up one of the pictures really large, and noticed a bunch of flaky dead skin and other crud on my scalp.  Getting rid of that stuff would make me look a lot better, I'm sure.  I've heard a lot of sly guys use aloe vera, would that help?

Lastly, I am still taking pictures of myself while letting my hair grow out, and the results are shocking!  Not only have I lost all the hair on the top of my head, but the back and sides are really thin as well.  It may well be that the bald look is the best look for me after all.  To paraphrase the Irish woman in the movie about the Dorsey Bros. (can't remember the name): There's only one thing worse than being bald.  And that's not being bald!  ;D

Offline SBG Math Guy

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • me with little shadow
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 09:18:38 PM »
hey bro,

I would think wearing smaller glasses with square shape might do some trick for you.
Some heads go better with square shaped glasses, others with oval, etc.

But what matters is what you find best looking.  Most people aren't that smart anyway, so they
will look at how you judge yourself to know how your looks are. 

Glad to have you back.