Author Topic: Hey Guys!  (Read 3390 times)

Offline Double Diablo

• Sly Guy in Training
Hey Guys!
« on: December 11, 2015, 06:21:04 AM »
I jumped into a couple of other threads before introducing myself.  A serious overlook on my part, but I will now set things aright.  I am Texas born and bred.  Have lived there my whole life except for a six year stint in the Army and even so I spent part of my enlistment at Ft. Bliss in El Paso, Texas.  I am passionate about two things.  Motorcycles and Photography.  My wife says that I spend way too much money on both.  The way she spends my money she really has no room to talk, but oh well, shopping and a little attention paid to her between the sheets keeps her happy.

I wore my hair long, very long for most of my life.  Cut it for my military service and went right back to that once my enlistment was over.  I started wearing a close, no guard barber shear cut a couple of years ago and went to Headshave ATX slick three weeks ago.  My wife loves it, my female coworkers love it, hell even my two pitbulls and my wiener dog love it.

Politics and Religion.  I am a staunch and outspoken Conservative and a deeply devout Catholic. 

Love to shoot guns.  Have held a rifle or pistol in my hands since I could walk.  What can I say?  This is Texas.  That is how we roll here.  We are not crazy, gun totin' yahoos in Texas but when someone is in serious need of a shooting...just ask those two ISIS clowns who showed up at a cartoon contest in Garland how Texas Cowboys deal with that nonsense.

Have my Zombie Kit Ready.  A Bushmaster M4 to keep Zombies at a safe distance.  Chose this weapon because in a Zombie Apocalypse ammo and replacement parts for this popular design will be plentiful.  A Colt M-1911 for when those pesky Zombies are too close for a rifle to be practical.   Also the stopping power of the .45 ACP Round is practically unmatched.  Another reason is that this particular platform has been around for over 100 years and parts for this model are almost all interchangeable with just a few specialized exceptions.  Also in my kit is the ultimate close in weapon.  My katana.  The sword wielding Black girl from "The Walking Dead" really has no bearing on my decision.  I competed in weapons forms with a Katana so I am very familiar with it.  And being from Texas, we have that whole Alamo thing in our DNA and if we are going to go down, we are going down hard. 

I have poked around on this site for a while and it looks to be populated by a bunch of cool guys with a lot more in common than just a slick shiny dome.

A line from the movie "Chronicles of Riddick" has always stuck with me.  Close to the end of that movie, one of the Necromancer Officers ( the villians in this film) reveals to Riddick that he is from Furia, Riddick's home planet.  He says, "We all began as something else."  Well here it is, we all began as something else.

I ain't dying.  I'm just shot up a little is all- Mox Mox

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
Re: Hey Guys!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 08:25:11 AM »
Glad you joined us, Double Diablo.

Always great to have another native of The Lone Star State here.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline TheDome

• Sly Jr.
  • Growing old disgracefully
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 08:54:11 AM »
Howdy and welcome :)

I don't have a religious bone anywhere in my body, politics bores my ass off and I dislike guns with a passion unless they're being used by the police or active military, but I'm new here too and we seem like a very diverse bunch of people, which is great, so welcome!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 09:43:47 AM »
Welcome, Double Diablo! Cool username. Don't live in Texas, but being from Louisiana, I spend some time off and on in your state.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 09:46:23 AM »
Welcome. Headblade is a preference at my house. Never been to Texas except for a layover on a flight to Canada! The weather was so bad, the trams at the DFW airport were NOT running and I had to walk, with luggage, all the way from the one end of the terminal to the far extreme of the other end. Missed my flight.

I work with a bunch of guys who are from Texas, so I hear a lot about it. They shut up when I start talking about my time in Alaska! LOL.

Offline TheDome

• Sly Jr.
  • Growing old disgracefully
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 10:06:43 AM »
I was born and raised in Alaska :)

Offline john.peachie

• A Texan working in N'Djamena, Chad
  • Sly
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 03:54:06 AM »
Greetings Double Diablo!
I am a rolling stone from Texas rolling through the southern Sahara...As for guns and politics....AK47's/RPG's are everywhere around here, and I work with a bunch of DC bureaucrats  :-X
John

The best things in life are free, that's why I'm good for nothing...

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 11:23:06 AM »
Welcome and Merry Christmas Double Diablo!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt