Author Topic: Been off for a while... back now  (Read 4934 times)

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
Re: Been off for a while... back now
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 01:30:41 PM »
Welcome back NAVRN2
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Scott

• Sly Bureau
  • Celebrating 5+ Years of SLYNESS!
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2007, 03:49:32 PM »
Welcome back bro!

Offline NAVRN2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2007, 04:52:08 PM »
Navrn2, My uncle was an Army grunt and used to share with me a lot of great stories about the camraderie and humor about being in the military for 10 years. , and I know you are Navy but I'm sure you know the stories

Enlisted man salutes an NCO and and NCO says "Dont salute me, I work for a living".

Enlisted man of 25 years gets grief from a new Officer and is barked at and told to salute when Officer walks into room. Enlisted man of 25 years is very good friends with Majors,Capitains and even Colonels. Enlisted man of 25 years tells his friend the Colonel that young 1st Lieutentant is giving him a hard time. The next day, 1st Lieutenant is doing chow line and cleaning pots and pans for a week.

Are you stationed on a ship? If you are ever doing R&R in Sydney,drop us a line,we can meet up for a beer. I live about 15 mins from Garden Island Naval Dockyards where all the US Navy ships dock at.

Great!!  Love the humor.  I am, as the Navy calls it, a mustang.  I am prior enlisted for 11 years, and although the pay is good, and the new colleagues interesting.  The camraderie I experienced as an enlisted sailor I have yet to experience as an officer.  We shall see.

I have never been to Sydney, but I spent a week in Perth and loved it.  If I am ever "down under" I'll be sure to take you up on your offer.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 05:03:32 PM »
Navrn2, My uncle was an Army grunt and used to share with me a lot of great stories about the camraderie and humor about being in the military for 10 years. , and I know you are Navy but I'm sure you know the stories

Enlisted man salutes an NCO and and NCO says "Dont salute me, I work for a living".

Enlisted man of 25 years gets grief from a new Officer and is barked at and told to salute when Officer walks into room. Enlisted man of 25 years is very good friends with Majors,Capitains and even Colonels. Enlisted man of 25 years tells his friend the Colonel that young 1st Lieutentant is giving him a hard time. The next day, 1st Lieutenant is doing chow line and cleaning pots and pans for a week.

Are you stationed on a ship? If you are ever doing R&R in Sydney,drop us a line,we can meet up for a beer. I live about 15 mins from Garden Island Naval Dockyards where all the US Navy ships dock at.

Great!!  Love the humor.  I am, as the Navy calls it, a mustang.  I am prior enlisted for 11 years, and although the pay is good, and the new colleagues interesting.  The camraderie I experienced as an enlisted sailor I have yet to experience as an officer.  We shall see.

I have never been to Sydney, but I spent a week in Perth and loved it.  If I am ever "down under" I'll be sure to take you up on your offer.

Yes, Perth is a great place! O0

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 06:03:33 PM »
Welcome back Nav, nice lips! :D
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington

Offline NAVRN2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 08:12:52 PM »
Awwww, Babe,

thanks for the compliment on the lips (if it was one ;D)... never had that before :@`, only the eyes.  I got to get a new pic of me up here!!!

Offline MagmaBabe

• Sly Bureau
  • thanks guys!! I love ya's to bits <3
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007, 03:00:22 AM »
Awwww, Babe,

thanks for the compliment on the lips (if it was one ;D)... never had that before :@`, only the eyes.  I got to get a new pic of me up here!!!

haha, of course it was a compliment! I think you have a great shaped mouth and pouty lips. I'm quite jealous!  ;) :D
I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances ~  Martha Washington