Author Topic: Want to buzz...  (Read 3488 times)

Offline CW80

• Learning the way of Sly
Want to buzz...
« on: February 03, 2013, 05:36:45 PM »
Hi from Aus!

I've been checking out this forum for a couple of days and what a great group of people!

So I've been wanting to buzz for a while now. I've had a receding hairline for years (I'm 29 end of this month) and within the last couple of years it's begun to thin on top. I'm just really concerned that I'll look like a complete goof with a buzzed head...thinking 1 or 2, not interested in complete shave.

I'm a somewhat confident but quiet guy and am happy to do my own thing but this really has a hold of me. I WANT to do it today, but just can't get the guts to take the plunge.

I'm sure you get asked all the time....but honest opinions, will I look like a goof? Shot taken mid last year.

Thanks for taking the time!
Matt.

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
Re: Want to buzz...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 05:44:55 PM »
You won't look like a goof go ahead and do it tonight if you are confident enough. If you have the itch to buzz then buzz it will look good and your hair will always grow back if you don't like it O0

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 05:49:19 PM »
Well, it doesn't cause anyone to look goofy, but it always causes someone to look bad@$$.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 06:03:21 PM »
Just buzz it shorter and shorter over a few weeks, then shave it bald for the rest of your life.  You'll wonder why you did not shave bald sooner. Even for the guys on here who are bald by choice, they wonder why it took so long to make the decision to go bald.  I love being bald.

Offline CW80

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 06:11:36 PM »
Hahaha I reckon I'm a little too laid back to be considered bad@$$...but it could have its advantages  O0

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 06:16:01 PM »
Welcome! A buzz wouldn't hurt, IMO though your hair still looks pretty solid for now.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline CW80

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 06:22:11 PM »
Thanks. The background didn't look anywhere near as dark when I opened the photo on my computer. When it's lighter you can notice the thinning a little more.

You are right in that it's not too bad at the moment, but I'm of the opinion getting in early is better. It's definitely on it's way out the door so I want to jump in now. That may be half my problem...once i buzz, I'm admitting it to myself 100%!! ;D

Offline Crusher0209

• Super Sly
  • Life is short and you never know when it will end
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 06:26:26 PM »
Ok well it sounds like you want to do it real bad so go ahead and get it done grab the clippers and take the hair off O0

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 06:54:53 PM »
G'Day CW mate  O0

Welcome to the Nude Nut House.

Like others have mentioned you certainly won't look like a goof. Like you said yourself try. 1 or 2 buzz cut and see how you like it. If you like it...fantastic!! cut it shorter or go the whole hog and go sly. If you don't like it then no harm no foul....let it grow out! Just give yourself time to get use to the new look...the 30 day rule.

You will be fine CW.

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 07:22:52 PM »
Whether you do it gradually or all at once, you'll get to the end-game eventually. And wonder what took you so long?

You're gonna look just fine ... and very likely will find your shyness recedes even faster than your hairline. Taking control of hairloss does something remarkable for a guy's inner being.

Glad you've joined us ...
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 08:38:54 PM »
Welcome from another aussie.

I think a buzz would definitely suit you.

Let us know how you get on!
Lynchy

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 12:32:41 AM »
G'day CW, Welcome to the family mate.

It sounds like you've got a massive itch for it, so why not just scratch it and grab those clippers and go for it? You've got nothing to worry about, the best thing about hair is, if you don't like it you can either let it grow back, or completely shave it off.

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 05:55:45 AM »
go ahead and buzz it - it will just become you.  Kept mine buzzed short since going to college many many years ago.  now shaved

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 09:24:36 AM »
Honestly mate, if you are thinking about it then it is time to have your hair buzzed. I agree with what the others here have said: you will not look like a goof but you will look a bit bad@$$. I reckon you should buzz it down to maybe a #3 initially & then maybe next week take it to a #2 & so forth until you are confident enough to break out the Mach III razor & shaving cream to shave that head nice & smooth.

Enjoy the trip to being a cool sly dude.
BaldBill

Andrei

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 11:32:20 AM »
Welcome Matt,
I would say go as short as you are willing to. If you don't like it you can always go even shorter :)
Any way, hair grows very fast so don't worry so much, just take the clippers and do it, or walk into a barbershop and ask for it.