Author Topic: No sure, need advice +plus pics  (Read 4200 times)

Offline Stephan88

• Learning the way of Sly
No sure, need advice +plus pics
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:03:30 AM »
Hello sly bald guys!

I need your expert advice
I'm 24 and I alwas had a huge forhead, friends make jokes about me that i'm getting bald since i was 14 :XX
a year ago I came to the conclusion that I look strange with this haircut(see below)  and i shaved my hair! some people said it looks much bettter some said it's terrible(including my girlfriend which is a huge factor) and i ended up feeling confused and not comfortable so i grew my hair back...
I'm sick and tiered of this stupid hair, but my girlfriend tries to convince me to leave it. Please tell me what do you think

this is how i look right now

From a year ago, when I shaved my hair

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:05:43 AM by Stephan88 »

Offline KDusk

• Sly
Re: No sure, need advice +plus pics
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 11:27:39 AM »
Hey Stephan, welcome to SBG!

You don't have a huge forehead and you don't look like you're balding. But I feel the longer hair isn't exactly flattering, I think that is what makes your forehead looks larger than it actually is. I think you look better in short hair. The long hair looks quite 90s boyband IMO.

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 11:44:14 AM »
Welcome aboard, Stephan!
You don't look bad with longer hair, but I honestly think you look better with the shorter cut. It looks cleaner and gives you a more natural look, IMO. I agree with KDusk, your forehead is fine. Some are bigger than others, and I've seen much bigger than yours, amigo. Don't worry about it.

In the end, do what makes YOU happy. Your girlfriend should also support whatever makes you happy, if she's the good kind of girlfriend.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:46:22 AM by Natedawg »
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:44:56 AM »
Stephan, welcome from me as well.

I agree with KDusk that the current style doesn't work for you - but there's no issue with a large forehead. And if anyone comments about that, just tell them it's necessary for your incredibly large brain.

However ... and to the point ... you did look quite good with shorter hair. Either a buzz or bald would work for you. Less hair will draw more attention to your eyes which is a strong point for you. And perhaps the girlfriend will be tolerant of a buzz. But I'm hoping she is more interested in the essence of you and not the outer packaging.

It really all comes down to you. What do you want? What will you be both comfortable and confident wearing. Either buzz or bald will simply your life. If you do shave, commit to the 30-day rule to give the look a fair "trial" to gauge how you and others respond.

Keep us posted.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline OMBrandon

• Sly Jr.
  • Mortem Tyrrani
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 01:33:15 PM »
It really all comes down to you. What do you want? What will you be both comfortable and confident wearing. Either buzz or bald will simply your life. If you do shave, commit to the 30-day rule to give the look a fair "trial" to gauge how you and others respond.

Agree entirely. You look great with the short cut but I'm sure you know deep down what you like best.  Best of luck!

Brandon
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."  Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 06:43:02 PM »
Welcome!

Short hair deffinatley suits you IMO!

Let us know how you get on?
Lynchy

Offline chgobuzzbald

• Super Sly
  • No more HT scars
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 11:24:13 PM »
You dont say how old your GF is but most girls in their early 20's are still biased to longer hair on guys. They just have not had the experience of dating bald guys yet. You have great eyes, and a great face. The long hair distracts from that. Plus it looks like a haircut for a pre-teen... Get a masucline buzzcut and then decide from there if you want to try a shaved head. The GF should not be dictating the haircut, ever.

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 04:43:57 AM »
Welcome Stephan!!

I think the longer hair style is unflattering for you. If the choice was between that style and the shorter style... I'd keep the shorter style.
I think you are probably a definite candidate for shaving your head in the future because there is no doubt (to me) that things are "moving back".

Peace...........
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 08:01:30 AM »
Welcome to SBG Stephan!
Buzz and definetly Sly suits you best  O0
Good luck and keep us posted  8)

Cheers,
Ro

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 03:06:14 PM »
Hi Stephan88,

I definitely agree with KDUSK here: you definitely suit short(er) hair cut. Long-hair is so-yesterday & short (or no-hair) is definitely Now.

My advice would be to do what you want to do & never mind what others really say...... if they are really your friend, they won't bother about your personal choice of "haircut". The fact that you are even looking at this site tells me that you really do want to go short & even shaved bald. Ultimately, the decision is yours & yours alone. Like Nike say's: "Just Do It!"

All the best,

Bilko
BaldBill

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 08:07:47 PM »
Welcome to the forum Stephan88. The long hair is totally wrong for you. The buzz is way much better. I also agree there is nothing wrong with your forehead.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 09:49:59 PM »
Welcome, Stephan.....Add my vote in favor of the buzz cut.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Stephan88

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 10:57:31 AM »
Thanks for all the feedbacks  O0 you really helped me understand that this haircut doesn't fit me at all!
so I got a haircut yesterday...

It's funny how people reacted to the new look,  my girlfriend said it looks fine but some people were just shocked :D somebody said i look like a killer now!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:00:20 PM by Stephan88 »

Offline Natedawg

• Misanthropic Humanist
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 12:01:11 PM »
somebody said i look like a killer now!

:*))

It looks great! Much better than before. Any way you could edit your post to scale down the pics a bit? They are huge, dude.
"Change will happen whether we are still or moving." - TTWS

Offline Stephan88

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 12:31:56 PM »
thanks
yeah  :/O removed them...