Author Topic: On the fence because of my wife  (Read 5819 times)

Offline Crofax

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: On the fence because of my wife
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 04:26:47 AM »
Yes I love it :) It is a bit of a cop out, there is noticeable stubble that does not show up in that picture but it is about as short as you can get without foam and a razor. I need a tan :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:28:34 AM by Crofax »

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 05:02:33 AM »
Looks great! Really suits you!

Hopefully the boss comes around  :*))
Lynchy

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 07:46:33 AM »
My wife was literally shocked by the look when I first did it. She has grown into it, though. She has her days when she would like to see me in the old ponytail down to my shoulders but those days are gone.
You know, we have had some posts in here about guys who are on the fence about shaving their headsbecause the significant other says she will hate it. Then they continue to advise us about some of the other things going on in their lives (cheating and STDs and marriage falling apart pops into my head). So if shaving your head is the worst violation of the sacred marriage vows that you are ever guilty of your wife needs to count her blessings. The message is shave your head and be a good MAN and a good husband. And pray that you get a divorce judge who is sly.
And don't EVER say something like "honey, would you be happier if you found out that I was cheating on you?" because that will open the floodgates to an endless ocean of $h!t!
I wrote this whole men's rights rant, then I thought better of it and I deleted it. Just remember what TheSlyBear said about being consulted about her hairstyle.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 09:06:10 AM »
It looks good. Let us know how the wife likes it.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 09:38:41 AM »
Took it back with my beard trimmer. See what she has to say about that  O0
Looks good, maybe she has a feeling she can't accept that it looks so good that other ladies might think so too and make a move on you >:D.  Nothing like a little competition to keep her on her toes. 

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: On the fence because of my wife
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 09:42:55 AM »
Looking great! Welcome.

Cheers,
Ro

Offline jimbo48

• Sly
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 10:02:39 AM »
Shave your head and stick with it.  It took my wife over a year to get used to my shaved head and finally stop commenting on it.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 10:35:16 AM »
The Lovely Mrs. Schro still doesn't like it, but accepts it. Plus, she knows my shaving the dome provides relief from an itchy scalp condition. Just stay strong in your conviction. Once she realizes you like it, she'll leave you be.

Good luck.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 11:01:50 AM »
Something just occurred to me. I know that there are things that I enjoy that I don't do and I say that it's just easier to keep the peace at home if I don't do them. In this way I'm saying that my wife would be antagonistic toward these things. But the truth, as usual, is much harder to admit. That's because it's due to my own insecurity that I don't do these things. True enough, my wife might not like them but if they harm no one and bring me peace or joy or even just contentment I should just do them. So I can't blame my wife for stopping me from anything, I can't say that I don't do something or I'm on the fence because of my wife. I am making a conscious decision and I have to also take the responsibility for those decisions.

Just something to think about.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »
This is a clear case ofclinging to the past , we are all changing , nothing is permanent , including the effectsof mpb , i say be pragmatic , respect your wife by suggesting a trial completely sly as you dont feel comfortable withyourappearance  and say a month of sly bald and then review

Offline balddaniel

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 01:02:06 PM »
You already look pretty bald in the picture, so shave it your wife will understand.  Besides she loves you no matter if you have stuble or smooth.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 01:32:23 PM »
Well, your recent photo looks sly already. About the only difference between what you have now and true sly is not the look, but the feel.

Shaved smooth is an incredible feel ... nothing like buzzed no guard. There is always this sandpaper feel with clippers. With shaving you can get a super smooth and slick head. Feels great to massage. Whether you rub your own head or your wife rubs your head.  Either way, freshly shaved feels excellent.  

But shaved or a tight buzz look almost the same. You're almost there.

Oh, and the time difference between shaved and back to what you have now is just a few days, so if you have to, it's just a matter of days to revert. (But you won't want to).

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 02:12:40 AM »
Welcome aboard! I'm sure the Mrs. will eventually relent.....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 08:44:04 PM »
Welcome to the bald brotherhood. You look great bald. Enjoy the awesome feeling of being bald. Your Mrs will get to love it soon.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 10:01:20 PM »
My DW (Dear Wife) started giving me haircuts when the barber shop hit $10 (that was a while ago, wasn't it?).  The hair started slowly getting shorter and shorter until she surprised me, and instead of the usual tapered cut buzzed it with no guard.  I told her several times after that, that she should just finish it off and shave it, but she said that it would be too radical. 

When I finally took matters into my own hands and shaved it, she was not pleased at all.   It took all of about 20 minutes for her to come back and admit that it didn't look "that bad".  That was her last negative comment.  Since then, if I get lazy and miss a couple days, she is the one who tells me, "You really need to shave your head."

Enter your email address: