Author Topic: Wife's confession  (Read 5351 times)

Offline fencer

• Sly Jr.
Wife's confession
« on: August 06, 2010, 06:48:35 PM »
Hey Guys!
As you know, I have been sly bald for the better part of a year. I love the smooth, clean feeling, as well as the confidence i portray when I shave the melon. My wife  :@` however, recently told me she prefers the no-guard buzz. She says she just can't get used to the "slick look". And yes, before it is asked, she DOES ask my opinion on her hairstyles. I really don't know what I am expecting from this post; maybe I just wanted to see your responses. Please, tell me what you think!

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
Re: Wife's confession
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 06:52:09 PM »
We husbands need to be willing to sacrifice for our bride's happiness.  Kinda your call bro!  ;)

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 07:00:48 PM »
We husbands need to be willing to sacrifice for our bride's happiness.  Kinda your call bro!  ;)
That being part of the vows, we have got to remember, "Unto thine own self be true."  My wife has alopeica, but the female variety, and she won't talk about or discuss the issue at this time.  I have mpb, I have made my diecision, she doesn't like it, but it's my world 24/7--that's the issue, Iwon't live as a small b bald man.  I think she's adjusting, I just can't go back--it's not totally comfortable, but that's life, isn't it?

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 08:19:38 PM »
My partner also prefers the buzzed vs the sly look on me. So I buzz during the winter months, and go sly for the warmer months. Domestic harmony ensues.

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 08:38:30 PM »
If I didn't have mpb I would probably be shaving with no gaurd as I like the stubble look more on me than the smooth look, but you live with what you got.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline JBGood

• Say NO to the horseshoe and combover!
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 02:40:21 AM »
The only thing my longtime girlfriend has said about my Slyness was when I will show her a pic of when I had hair and she says ,that doesn't look like me.
She has only known me as Sly. Now she doesn't like it when I grow in a goatee, she likes it smooth for the smooch. But I only grow one out for only a few weeks at the most anyway.

But if my girl couldn't "get used" to the sly look, I still wouldn't change it. I don't ask her for an opinion, it's a given, like when she shaves her armpits. ;)

This may not be a "superficial" deal to you. I don't know your story, if your MPB or BBC, but, speaking from my standpoint it is a very personal choice with me. Not unlike, for instance, my girlfriend, when she shaves her legs. She doesn't want to go out with hairy legs, I don't want to go out with a stubble horseshoe.  ;D

Offline hammerdrill376

• Get your SLY on
  • Sly Bureau
    • Welcome to our little part on the web
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 08:13:09 AM »
Marriage has many working parts. There are those who say damn what she thinks and do your own thing. Sometimes it works sometimes it dosen't. Have a heart to heart with her and if this is a real big issue with her maybe a buzz cut would be ok. I have seen marriages though where every part of what a guy does is ruled..no RULED by the wife and that is no way to live. My advice, for whatever its worth, is if this not a manipulative thing with her a little hair won't hurt. At any rate, have a heart to heart with her about this. As for my situation my wife loves it slick.
Our country demands all our strength, all our energies. To resist the powerful combination now forming against us will require every man at his place. If victorious we will have everything to hope for in the future. If defeated, nothing will be left for us to live for.

Gen. Robert E. Lee C.S.A

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 08:21:46 AM »
How much hair are you able to grow back?  Your avatar shows a nice, shiny, shadow-free dome so I'm guessing not much.  Your hair also doesn't appear to be very dark, so taking both of those things into account, a zero-guard buzz might only result in a minimal change in your appearance.  I can skip a day --maybe two --without looking any different.  The difference is in how I feel; I just feel like I'm off my game if I'm not shaved smooth.

My point is that if you try the zero-guard buzz and it doesn't look much different, your wife might come to the conclusion that it isn't that doesn't make much difference one way or the other. 

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 09:08:43 AM »
From your avatar I'd say it looks great: smooth and shadow-free.  I'd say it's gotta be how YOU feel.

No partner or close friend for that matter ever told me how to have my hair: they pretty much said it was my hair and they were happy as long as I was...perhaps I'm just lucky! 8)

Offline pdxtodd

• Super Sly
  • Sly since 12/4/2009
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 09:24:20 AM »
That might be one sacrifice I would make.  Zero guard vs slick isn't that much of a difference from a look perspective.  What I would hate is the Velcro feel.  But to keep peace and harmony in my relationship I might try to appease her with no guard.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 09:36:51 AM »
My wife would prefer it buzz cut, I like it shaved . It's my head and if she don't like it and she loves me she will adjust. :@`

p.s. For special occasions I would let it grow, like my sons wedding when pictures were taken, just to keep her happy.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 09:45:19 AM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 07:53:16 PM »
Maybe you could compromise with her and only shave every 3 days.  That way there's some stubble most of the days and you can be Sly on others.  Then it gives you an excuse to shave it slick for those special occasions where you want to have a smooth dome.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

(|8-)

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 08:07:33 PM »
So...she tried to get used to it without saying anything critical?

And then she told you in a calm, rational tone of voice what she prefers?  Without any threats or tears?

You have a great marriage and wife.  Congratulations!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 03:32:01 PM »
Marriage is a partnership of compromise. A good marriage will find the common ground.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Enter your email address: